INTEGRATED MBA - PROGRAM after 12th for FAMILY BUSINESS
Two degrees will be awarded on successful completion of the 5 year course during the convocation.
Degrees awarded - BBA (E&FB), MBA (E&FB)
This is uniquely designed 5 years’ program after 12th class in the country aiming at balancing thoughts, experimentation, and action with logical reasoning, analysis and fundamentals of business. The focus will remain on nurturing students with Entrepreneurial mindset and thought provoking leadership. The students will be prepared with fundamentals and skill set desired to lead their own family businesses, understanding business environment, processes, scaling, diversification and expansion. The pedagogy used in 5 years will be combination of class room learning’s by experienced faculty, guest sessions by subject experts, sector specific projects, and technology based exercises, off classroom grooming, experiential learning and international exposure.
Being the pioneers and in the segment for more than a decade we understand the emerging needs of family run businesses in growing and emerging strong nation like India. We have an Alumni base of 1000 Plus entrepreneurs with family business background. In last 14 years the School has taken serious initiatives and has developed expertise in not only understanding but leading the needs of family run businesses and there transformation processes. We have successfully dealt with issues like:
- Transformation from traditionally run business to professionally run company.
- Handling processes and transformation
- Bringing in technology and skill set to match the industry requirements and expectations.
- Bringing in international exposure and an element of world class business practicesPeople Management
- People Management
- Incorporating IT solutions
- Business expansions/ exports and diversifications
- Bringing in Business successfully the next generation – Inheritance process
Ranked 96th "Best Entrepreneurship" Masters world wide- Eduniversal Rankings
Only Program mentioned in the McKinsey Report “The Power of Many- Realizing the socio economic potential of entrepreneurs in the 21 century released at the G-20 Young Entrepreneurs Summit in Paris.
Objective of the Program
- To create and nurture entrepreneurial spirit at an early stage of the student that is post 12th
- Program exclusively designed for sons/daughters of family business owners and those who wish to pursue entrepreneurial career
- To help them to understand the dynamics of an entrepreneurial venture, challenges and responses in the evolving Indian and Global markets
- To provide knowledge, tools and skills required for managing a business
- To sharpen the ability and skills to understand the intricacies desired to scale up the family businesses
- To provide strong technical, economic and financial understanding, especially in the field of international operations, information technology, business analytics, customer engagement, succession planning, tax and corporate governance
- To provide networking opportunities and mentoring services.
Eligibility for Admission post 12th (10+2)
- CBSE/HSC/IB-/ISC ( 12th Class) with 60% and above
- Good communication skills
- Basic understanding of their respective family run business
- Zeal to learn and take higher responsibility
Selection of Applicants
- The Institute will assess the suitability of the student, based on the information provided in the application form
- The applicant will have to go through a rigorous personal interview conducted by a panel, consisting of faculty members of the Institute
- The focus will remain on the following:
Basic Business Know-How
Zeal to Learn
Consistency in Thinking
- There will be no admission test
How / Why are we Different
We believe in complete understanding with a difference.
Uniqueness in Pedagogy
Value add on-what has been the guiding force in setting up work. These initiatives broaden the horizons and help the student to thinks differently, more creatively in this competitive scenario
On field experience - including educational visits - National and International Linkages
- Access to real company situations
- Understanding Processes, Design existing national and Internationally
- World Class Business Practices (Through International Visits)
- Learning from global environment
- Understanding business culture and etiquettes
- Understanding international markets and there focus
Parent series inviting Guest - Speakers who are Practising and managing Family Business challenges
- Visibility as a practicing professional
- Demonstrate professional work habits
- Enhance career marketability and direction
- Their experience open new thinking process
- Sharing existing leadership styles which are not covered in any books and management strategies
- Sharing family run businesses and issues of concerns
- Family culture and business culture existing
Out bound learnings in an open environment - Team dynamics skill building
- Work effectively in groups
- Develop a plan of action in team settings
- Leadership skills
- Delegation issues
- Leading change and creative thinking
- Trusting others and respecting there view points
Enhances Classroom Learning
- Application of critical thinking; descriptive and creative logic
- Adapt to complex uncertain environments
- Using different networking models to enhance within business deals
- Aggressive networking between Alumni
Initiatives outside class room teaching
- Pioneer Garage : It's a unique student driven activity. New Ideas/concept notes/ business plans are presented, debated and discussed. Nearly 13% new business initiatives come out of "Pioneer Garage". The sessions are facilitated by Director and subject experts from related Industries.
- Events : Membership of various Associations and networking sites, In-house activities run by CII-YI net
- Inspirus our flagship mega event : Annual event attended by 100 entrepreneurs. Current topics impacting business or having future effect are deliberated.